Click above for the video made by Australian environmental activist Miranda Gibson, who has been living on a platform in a Eucalyptus tree in Tasmania’s southern forest. She has vowed to stay there until the forests receive more protection from logging. She writes about it at Observertree:
Observer Tree needs your help!
I’ve been at the top of this tree for over 300 days now. I think it’s time for the world to know I’m here. The more people who find out and add their voice to the call for forest proteciton… the sooner we can save Tasmania’s forests and I can get down!
Tasmania’s forest negotiations have collapsed! Public pressure is now more urgent than ever!
I am calling November a month of “Social Media Blitz” for Observer Tree. If everyone reading this takes part, we can reach our message around the world. Each person who connects with Observer Tree through facebook, twitter and the blog, is another person who has the chance to get informed, sign the cyber action and stand with me in calling for forest protection.
My goal is to, by the end of November:
- Increase Observer Tree facebook “fans” from 5,000
- Increase Twitter followers to 600.
- Increase average daily traffic to the blog by 20%.
With your help, we can do it!! Join me and become an Observer Tree Blitzzer!
Here’s how you can help:
- Like the facebook page, and follow me on Twitter.
- Download the photo (right click and “save picture as”). You can then use it to post on all your social media platforms.
- Share and re-tweet Observer Tree content.
Let me know your ideas for how we can reach our goals! Add your thoughts in the comments here, or email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s get blitzing!